A WORLD WE DARE TO IMAGINE

I personally envision a world with food security where there is enough food to feed everyone in the world. As of 2017, more than one quarter of the world population suffer from malnutrition, and nearly 1 billion are chronically hungry. 

Food security become a major global challenge because of the population growth and climate change. World population projected to reach 9.7 billion by 2050 from 7.6 billion in 2017. Because of the climate change, currently there are 40% of the world's landmass is arid, and rising temperatures will turn yet more of it into desert. At the current rate, the amount of food we're growing today will feed only half of the population by 2050. 


Comments

  1. Hey Hailey,

    I was also thinking about pitching an organization to help with national or global food issues! It's great that you have these statistics, because it really helps to put things in perspective. I'm also glad that you mentioned climate change, because I think that your pitch would do well addressing the climate's affect on food supply. Perhaps you could pitch an organization dedicated to supplying sustainable food and sustainable resources to those in need. I can't wait to hear what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hailey,

    I think that we should comibine your idead with Izzi's and come up with a pitch for our group

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hailey,

    I really like how you mentioned food and climate change. I also agree that we should combine your idea and Izzi's for our pitch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment